ICO: comparing markets in 2018 and 2017
(Excerpts from a report published in Coin telegraph)
- In 2018, there were 2284 ICO in the market vis-à-vis 966 in the year 2017
- $11.4 billion was raised in 2018 vis-à-vis $10 billion in 2017
- Ether was the most popular platform for releasing ICO with 84.29% of the projects issuing tokens.
- The highest number of new ICO projects 528, were listed in March 2018, with 213 lowest in October 2018
- The average fund raised in 2018 was $11.52 million vis-à-vis $24.35 million in 2017
- The most successful ICO was EOS, raising about $4.2 billion
- Top 10 countries with the largest number of ICOs headquarters account for 58% of all projects.
- The sum of hard caps set for the token sales during 2018 was five times higher than that in 2017, with $83 billion in 2018 against $15 billion in 2017.
- In 2018, 19.2% of the project reached their soft cap vis-à-vis 9.6% in 2017. Whereas 6% of the ICOs reached their hard cap target vis-à-vis 6.7% in 2017.
See the full report on –